Sunday, August 29, 2010

I Finally Recall

How oft I've wished to run away
To see what lies beneath the stars
These city lights they kill the night
Keep blind those who were blind to start

I can't recall the days
When all I could say
Was how wonderful
A maker I have

How long I've waited for a time
When where I dwell is by the tree
That bears fruit that produces life
And keeps me satisfied, complete

Can you recall the days
When all we could say
Was how glorious
A maker we have

My God, we'll sing
How marvelous you are
My God, I see
A place more majestic

Your hands have made
Both plants and cement buildings
Divine artwork
Creator of all things good

How deep a longing weighs in me
To live with people, live with life
To see wild creatures grow around
Architecture so profound

Then we'll relive the days
When all we could say
Was how loving-kind
A father we have

Do you remember how things used to be
Well they'll be better than that when we're fully redeemed
These wretched bodies new, the heavens breaking through
We'll be here in the city on earth

1 comment:

Virginia Rose said...

Its wonderful, Jonathan! Very inspiring! And very true! :)