Monday, August 2, 2010

Higher than I

This was a fun poem to write! The first line in each section has 8 syllables, the second line in each second has 16 syllables. FUN FUN FUN!!!


I do not understand your ways.
You allow, no, command the pieces to fall the way that you want.

I can’t see things the way you do.
You always see beyond today, beyond what I would like right now.

I can’t seem to grasp your workings.
You take a thing I really want and hold it back, away from me.

I do not think I trust your ways.
In my mind I know that you are good and desire the best for me.

But in my life I can’t believe.
It will not play out practically and work out like my mind believes.

Why can’t I trust in who you are?
And trust your ways are higher, greater, deeper than all mine could be?

Oh! That I would truly feel it!
Know it deep inside my heart, hold it in my innermost being.

Though I doubt your plans for me, Lord,
You remain true to yourself: you’re good, gracious, faithful, unchanging.

No comments: