Sunday, June 7, 2009

Down with My Ship

I wrote this poem a while back and it's probably one of my favorites...thought I'd share it with anybody who cares to read it :)

Extending your arms
They beg for my touch
As close as an inch
The pressure's too much

I sense the wind's thoughts
They rage against me
And pull on my heels
To leave for the sea

It's just like before
But this time you stay
I gaze in your eyes
But I'm being swept away

Unlike your leave
It was never my choice
When you walked away
No words with your voice

I can't help but go
My passion has strength
I'm romanced by life
To such a great length

Life seems too short
To live like we do
And so my heart dives
And seeks something new

So loved are the depths
Where no one can breathe
So cold and alone
So lost in the deep

I wish you were here
I'd drink in the storm
Engulfed in desires
You're losing your form

Hold in your breath
And brace for impact
I won't be there
To keep you intact

As you lose sight
I will see ever clear
The blue magnifies
Everything I have feared

If only you knew
The love I control
But life isn't fair
Or so I am told

You're on the bow of
A capsizing ship
Whose mast splinters down
And breaks off the tip

Darling, hold on
I can't just let go
The wind won't give up
It howls with each blow

Your hands are so small
So warm to my lips
I'd love them till death
Go down with my ship

I'm slipping away
I'm losing my sight
Deep in the distance
You're giving a fight

Darling, hold on
I'm losing my grip
My heart yells, "Go down,
Go down with your ship."

No comments: