Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Often Wish I were Someone Else

I often wish I were someone else
You’d look at me so differently
But I guess I cant just go back
To retrace my steps and create new tracks

I think I see my prints ahead
I only know a single shape
But not enough to realize
These feet have seen this muddy place

So break out the guns
Im going unsure
I see no hope
I sense no cure

I keep my mind in steady thought
And reason out the hope I have
A blissful wish to live again
But just a wish, nonetheless

Ever ready I keep my pace
To see the end, experience taste
This is the first and last I’ll know
I would have it no other way

My brows are fixed and not a word
Is slipped out from my grinding jaw
I gnash my teeth to feel a pulse,
To wish that I were someone else

Oh! The way it could have felt
I wish that I were someone else
Im just the dust upon the shelf
Now I’ve become somebody else

No comments: