Saturday, November 15, 2008

The War is Won yet the Battle Presses On

Something burns like fire in my veins
A light that's so toxic it burns through the rain
Through the night I sleep not at all
Waiting for battle, I hear my God call

Even more, I wait for the dawn
Knowing now nothing can go wrong

Hear a bullet is shot, a brother goes down
Now before God he stands and he waits to hear, "Well done."
Hear a cry goes out, "Our King now has come."
Jesus will save those who have called on his name
Raise the red banner high!

Victory, eternally gained
Before this war ever was named
Weapons used are more than alive
Spirits awake and praise him on high!

Our hope lies in what is to come
The conquering lion will drink in the blood
His teeth now stained, his thirst is now quenched
Jesus, my God, has saved us from death

Can you see now the sword has gone out, and death is destroyed
Now before God we stand and live in glory alive
Can you hear now a cry goes out, "Our king now has come."
Jesus has saved those who have called on his name
We raise the red banner high!

No comments: