Saturday, May 26, 2012

Father, Can You Hear Me?

Father, can you hear me?

I’ve been crying out for so long
I speak out words to please you
And say things just to belong

With a sudden burst, you took off
And didn’t care to look back
You ran swifter than a fox could
Without a hint of conflict

Father, why aren’t you listening?
You’re holding back; where is your hand?
Father, why won’t you show yourself?
Are you there or am I alone?

Father, will you answer
If I call out for your help?
How can I know that you care?
How will I know I’m not shelved?

Like the silence before the storm
I’m haunted by your absence
Are you dead or are you hiding?
Or am I just mistaken?

Add to the load more heavy burdens
You’re keeping me from loving you
When will you be satisfied and glad to
Call me your son?

But in the quiet, in the stillness
The veil is lifted from your face
I see that in the silence you were
Making me your own son

Father, I know you’re listening
No holding back; here is your hand
Father, I know you’ve shown yourself
You are here; I’m not alone

No comments: